Analysis & Feedback
It was time to look at all the information we had gathered.
It was time to find some problems that we could try and solve.
We took all the insights and quotes we had and placed them onto sticky notes.
We had a lot of insights.
This is what our raw data looked like before we grouped it all. It was both gorgeous and daunting. A giant wall of color for us to organize. The three of us took a few hours to group all them into similar groups. We then grouped them under “I statements”.
The “I statements” helped us start to strongly emphasize with our users. But, we saw a ton of overlap in potential solutions.
We weren’t exactly sure what features would help solve the problems. It was easy to see a feature for each individual problem, but we needed something more succinct. So we decided to warp a feature prioritization matrix to help us.
Using the I statements we placed them on an axis to group them in sections of frequency they were stated. We also kept in mind how big the frustrations were in each of the I statements.
Using the diagram we were able to pull out 4 potential problems that we could design solutions for.
The four features & their problems:
Bearings: Users struggle to figure out where they are and what they can do
Connectivity: Users find group trips difficult to organize
Price Alert: Users want to save money, and don't know when to buy
Live Updates: Users hate unexpected delays
We then took these problems to our contact at Wanderu. We sat down and explained our steps so far and how we discovered the problems that we did. After discussing the 4 features our contact chose “Connectivity”.
Through Wanderu’s own research similar problems were discovered. Wanderu wanted to see what we could do with the issue.
After this we regrouped and discussed our next steps. We realized we needed something.
We needed a refined survey question, based around our chosen problem.